Lemon Water #bebetter52
We know it’s the last thing you are thinking of when you wake up in the morning, but this week we want it to be the first.
This week's #bebetter52 challenges is to drink lemon water first thing in the mornings at room temperature.
Why room temperature and why first thing in the morning? Well, according to Water Benefits Health, water at room temperature helps preserve the enzymatic and energetic properties of the lemon. By boiling the water, you lose some of the enzymes and with ice water, you hinder the lemon’s digestive impact. Drinking lemon water first thing in the morning is beneficial because it helps wake up your metabolism and digestive system. Not only will it freshen your breath and help clear up your skin, but it will also boost your immune system and keep you in a Zen state.
Perhaps substituting lemon water every morning can kick your coffee habit, too! We are excited for you to experience all the health benefits of lemon water alongside us this week.
- Try drinking lemon water 30 minutes before meals to aid with digestion and enhance nutritional absorption.
- Lemons contain pectin fiber, which assists in fighting hunger cravings.
- Lemons contain more potassium than apples or grapes! Potassium stimulates brain and nerve function.
- Lemons are even good for the skin. The antioxidants in lemon juice help not only to decrease blemishes, but wrinkles too. Lemon juice can also be applied to scars and age spots to lighten them.
- Water is the body's main chemical component. Every system in the body depends on water to function properly, as the water flushes toxins out of vital organs.
Lemon water plays a key role in cleansing out our systems, according to Livestrong.com. Water infused with lemon contains citric acid, which can break up and inhibit calcium stones in your kidneys and prevent calcium deposits from building up in arteries. These deposits are a predictor of cardiovascular disease. Lemon water can even provide the body with hydration, antioxidants and electrolytes, which further aids in detoxification.
Why else is lemon water so beneficial?
According to WaterBenefitsHealth.com, lemon has liver benefits galore. It stimulates the liver, liquefies the bile and helps control excess bile flow. The liver can make more enzymes out of fresh lemon juice than from any other food. Lemons are packed with nutrients, including vitamin C, which helps us fight colds, as well as B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and fiber.
Try lemon-infused water this week to spice up water without adding all those processed sugars. One website, Eat-drink-love.com, shows lemon-infused water as well as other fruit-infused beverages that taste good while helping us stay hydrated.
- 11 benefits of lemon water you didn’t know about: Lifehack
- Lemon acts as blood purifier and improves the bodys ability to get rid of toxins: pureinsideout
- Lemon water has myriad health benefits, from helping your immune system to offering an antioxidant boost: news.health.com
- Explore why lemon oil may actually be considered the most powerful anti-microbial agent of all the essential oils: draxe.com