Anxiety, insomnia, headaches and restlessness are symptoms some people experience every day. They are also symptoms that the essential oil lavender has been known to relieve.
Lavender is an herb native to the Mediterranean region. Lavender oil is distilled from the flower spikes of the plant and has a plethora of skin-cleansing and mental-health benefits.
This week’s #bebetter52 challenge is to incorporate lavender, specifically lavender oil, into your daily life. This can be for health, beauty or mental- health purposes. Whatever you use it for, the benefits are vast!
Lavender essential oil can be used in many forms, including aromatherapy oil, soaps, gels, infusions and lotions.
Here are just some of the benefits of lavender:
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Heals burns, wounds, rashes and bites
- Improves sleep
- Restores skin complexion and reduces acne
- Alleviates headaches
- Helps relieve car sickness
Here are some suggestions of how to incorporate lavender into your life:
- Spritz your pillow with distilled water and lavender mixed in a spray bottle to help improve sleep.
- Make a calming tea with dried lavender flower heads.
- Massage lavender oil onto aching joints or other areas of pain.
- Bathe with lavender bath salt to relieve anxiety.
Not only can lavender oil help you physically and mentally, it also has a wonderful fresh, floral, clean and calm scent. You might as well give it a try!
More on lavender and its health benefits here: